Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Lily Allan Double Page Spread Research


This is my third double page research that I have done. This is a double page spread from a music magazine that stars Lily Allen. This is a typical double page spread that consists of a title, main image and an article. 


The first thing that I will be talking about is the title, as this is the thing that catch’s my eye the most. The title for this article is a long title; it is a quote from something that Lily Allan said when she was being interviewed for this article in this music magazine. The lettering that has been used for the title is very different. I think that the title is very effective, and it looks as though the letters have been cut out from a newspaper. They may have chosen to d this because of the way that Lily Allan is in the newspapers a lot. The black background, the block capitals and the inconsistency of the size of the letters are the factors that make the title look as though it has been cut from a newspaper. I like this title but I will not be having a title that takes up this much space on my double page spread as I feel that with having the title this big and then having the picture take up a whole page, it leaves little space for the actual article. So I will be having a title that is not as big as this.

There is a small amount of text as there is a large shape used up with the title and also with the picture. There is a drop capital used at the start of the article. There are no sub-headings for this article as there is a very larger title so there is not much room and also this is quite a small amount of text. There is four columns of text here I will not be doing this as I will be having three columns of text on my double page spread.

The colour scheme that has been used for this double page spread is white, black and red. The white and black have been used together in the title. The background is also white with the text being black. There are two sections of the text that are red this is the artists Lily Allan’s name and also the person how wrote the article. The picture has also gone with the same colour scheme as Lily Allan has a red shirt on and has black hair and dark make-up all of her clothing and make-up link to the colour scheme.  I like this colour scheme but I will be having a different colour scheme to this and I will also be trying to link the colours used in the picture to the colour scheme as well.

The picture of Lily Allan takes up the whole of the right hand page and then a little of the picture does into the right hand page. This picture that has been taken for this double page spread as a mid-shot from Lily Allan’s waist up, it is not a strait on photo where she is looking into the camera. The photo has been taken were she looks like she is looking at the title of the article.  I like this as it is a bit different as she is not just looking at the camera she is doing something different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment