Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Monday 13 February 2012

Front Cover Research Q magaine

This is my first front cover research I will be having five of these. This one is a front cover of a issue of Q magazine. I will also be doing five contents page research's and also five double page spread research's.



This front cover of Q magazine is different to most Q front covers, as the colour’s that have been used on this front cover are very different. As these colours used have a more of a girly fell to them, the main colour scheme that has been used here are white, black yellow and light pink. The colour’s that have been used all link together very well as the white has been used through the way that it is one of the colour’s in the Q logo and how it have also been used for Lana Del Rey’s dress. The pink has been used for the name of the main artist in this issue of Q Lana Del Rey. The pink has also been used for other bits of text this is the same with the black and the white as these are the main text colours.  The yellow has been used for the big yellow circle that is over to the left on the front cover of this music magazine. All of the main colours have been used together at the top of the page. I feel that the colour’s that have been used here are different to normal colour scheme that is commonly used as these colour’s are very light. For my front page of my magazine I will be using colour’s that are not as light as these colour’s. Also I will be using three colour’s for my colour scheme not four like the way that four has been used here as I feel that three is better as then it helps the colour’s not to be too busy. These colours do not look busy but some other colour schemes may do. Something else that has been done with the colour scheme here is make the clothing match the colour scheme this would be something that I would think about or have it so that the colour’s complement each other well.

The colour red is the background colour that is used on the Q logo this also links to the blood that is running down Lana’s head and this also links to the language that is used under her name on the front cover. Which reads “so what’s so bloody good?” this links to the blood that is running down the side of her head and also asking the question of why does ever one think see is so good. This is in black to help it stand out under her name. I think that they way that they have asked this question on the front cover helps to make people want to read this magazine to find out, I think that this is a good way to make people want to read it. I also think that having this question having to means is also a really good think that they have done here. I would think about doing something like this.

One the this front cover they have put all of the things that they want you to read in black as this helps to catch your eye as there is a lot of light coloured text used on this front cover so as an example they have put the words “Everybody’s mad for…..” in black and also the “so, what’s so bloody good?” also in black as then you read it and it draws your eyes to the words in the lighter colour’s like “Lana Del Ray”.
Something else that is on the front cover that is really important on magazines is the font. There are a couple of different types of fonts that are being used on this music magazine. There is some parts of the text that are in bold and in capitals a example of this is the words “KINGS OF LEON”. Another type of text that is used is a more hand written font which is used for Lana Del Ray.

  The layout of this magazine is that the photo of the artist is in the centre of the page with most of the text to the left side of the page and the text on this side is shaped around of the image so that it does not do on to the photo. The only thing that is on the photo on the left is the yellow circle with the twenty six festivals in. On the right hand side of the page the logo there is not as much text on this side as there is less room as there is the big Q logo. This text does go onto the image on this side as there is less shape as Lana’s arm is down on the left hand side which leaves less shape, for text. I feel that text on the front of magazines looks best when you can see the image easily and also read the text easily as well which has been gone here. I normally don’t like it when text goes on the top of the images but I think that it looks good here as there the part of the image that the text is over is a very light colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment