Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Monday 13 February 2012

MOJO Magazine Front Cover Research

This is my second front cover research this one is of a MOJO music magazine. This picture that is shown below has the free CD that comes with it in front of the picture but this is the only picture that i could get of this magazines front cover. 



The colours that are used on the front page of this magazine are bright orange, white and black. This is the colour scheme that is used the background of the magazine is a bright orange at the top of the page and at the bottom of the page it is a darker orange it slowly changes as the colour goes down the page. The Text for the title is black and the other text colours that are used on the top half of the page and white and orange on the bottom of half of the page were the background is darker.  This helps to make the text stand out with from the background. The sub-titles on the magazine are in white throughout the whole of the front cover. The sub-headings are in black for the top half and orange on the bottom. The colour scheme that has been used on this front cover is a scheme of three colours, I feel that three colour’s is a good amount of colours to use on a front cover. I colour’s that have been used are orange, black and white.  I would not choose to use these colours for my music magazine as I feel that they are not a good mix as the bright orange is very bright and then there is a really dark colour of black and then a really light colour of white. And I feel that they do not work together well.

The picture that is used on the front page of this is in black and white which really helps to make the picture stand out from the background as the picture is dark and the background is really bright and light. With the picture having a darker colour scheme it helps to make the magazine stand out as a whole as the background looks even brighter because of the of the dark picture. I like the way that the colour scheme has been linked to the colour that the clothing that is used for the image.

There is only one larger image on the front cover there is also it smaller images on in each of the top corners of the page on the left to show the cover of the free CD that you get. The other on in the top right hand corner this is a picture of McCartney, to go with the article about him. I may do this as a lot of magazines have a couple of smaller images on their front covers as well as the main large image.

The text that is used on this magazine is all in block, capital letters to help this look a lot more important as it stands out. The text that is about what is in the magazine is all shaped around of the picture to help the picture be of a high focus when looking at the magazine.

The type of way that they have worded the text of the articles in the magazine is really good as for one example it say “his new album the only interview!” The words “the only interview “is in larger text that the his new album. This helps to make the only interview look a lot more important than other things on the front of the magazine. I will try to do this with the way that my text is worded as this helps to make people want to read the magazine more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment