Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Rihanna, NME Front Cover Research


This is my last front cover research, this is another NME magazine front cover research. I have done two NME and Q magazines I have also done a MOJO magazine. The next type of research that I will be doing is double pages.


There is a colour scheme for this front page as there is with most magazines. The main colours for the front cover are pink, white and black. These are all used for the font and so of these are used in Rihanna’s clothing and make-up. Rihanna’s clothing also matches in with the colour scheme as she has pink lipstick on and also she has a black top and ring on. This helps to make the text that they have put on her top stand out as it is all of the colours together on her top.   The pink has been used for the main heading and also the artist that is on the front covers name. The name of the magazine is in the same font as the headings. The other font is in black and the bit on Rihanna’s top is white, as her top is black so the font needs to be readable. I like the colour scheme that has been used on this magazine as it is a very eye catch mix of colours. I will be having either black or white in my colour scheme or maybe both. As I feel that this are good colours that mix well with other colours well.

The price of the magazine and the issue number is in the top left hand corner I will not be doing this on my magazine as I think that this information about the magazine is better just above the barcode. On this front cover the barcode is not the normal way up it is on its side. I feel that this may be so that the picture can be seen easily without the barcode being in the way of the picture. I may do this if my barcode is too much in the way of the picture on my front cover of my music magazine.

The type of font that has been used is all in capital letters for the name of the magazine, the white text and the black. The bits of text that are not in capital is the name of the artist which is Rihanna. There is not a lot of text on this front cover as other magazines that I have looked at have had a lot more than this but also had a lot less. This is a good amount of text. On the left hand side of the cover the things that are on this side a listed. This makes it easier t be read and also catches your eye more as there is a lot of text in one place.  This text that is on the left is not in a good place I feel as it makes it is over the top of her arm. The text is still readable but I feel that it makes it not look as good. There is also some text that is on Rihanna’s top I feel that this text has been put here as it helps to make it stand out more as there is the pink and also the white on top of her black top. I think that this looks good as it also shows that this artists name is Rihanna as her name is on her.

There is a quote that is under the name Rihanna this quote helps to make you want to read on inside of the magazine to find out why Rihanna has said this. His is good use of language in the way that they have put the quote on as they you want to know more and why this quote is on the front. I will be thinking about doing something like this as it helps to make people want to read your magazine to find out more. I also like the way that this quote is over the top of Rihanna’s top as it makes the magazine more eye catching and also makes were the text is different to most other magazines. I may also think about have some of my text on my front cover being on top of a part of my picture without being too much in the way.  

1 comment:

  1. "O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely..."

    ReplyDelete