Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Thursday 16 February 2012

NME Lana Del Rey Double Page Research


This is my fourth double page research; I have one for to do after this one. I will be doing five contents page research after this and then I will have done all of my research’s about music magazines.


The colour scheme that is used on this double page spread is the colours white, black, blue and orange. I would not think that these colours would go this well together but they do on this page. There are four colours used for this colour scheme I will not be doing this on my music magazine I will be using three colours for my music magazine. The main title for the article is blue which is see through with orange for the rest of the title. The blue is then used for other bits of text and also for the background of the box that is in the middle of the second and third column and also for the background for the capitation for the picture. I think that the capitation that is one the picture is a good thing to do as it helps to explain what the picture is about and other things to. I also think that the blue box that has been used for the background of the caption goes really well with the black and white picture. I will be putting capitations on my pictures.
There is two drop capitals used in this article there is the first one that is the first letter in the article. There is then another one about half way through the whole article. I will be using a drop capital at the start of my article but I will only be using one. I will also be having my drop capital in a different colour to the text; I will be using one of the colours in my colour scheme.

There are three columns of text for this article on this page. I will be having three columns of text on my double page article as I feel that it looks better with three as otherwise the columns can start to become really thin when there are more as there are lots of columns which end up thin as you are trying to fit them all in. So I will be having three columns like the way that there are three here.

Something else is that my double page spread will need to have page numbers on the bottom corners of the pages. There is the number of the page on the right hand page, but there is not a page number on the left hand page because of the picture. I may do this with my magazine if the picture is in the way of where the picture will be but I will make sure that there is at least the page number on the other page so that you can see what page number the one next to it is so then you can work out what that pages number is. If there is not a picture in the way then I will be having the numbers on both pages.

The picture that has been used here is of the artist that the article is one; this picture has been edited so that it is black and white this helps to make the picture match colour scheme. This picture is also a photo that has been taken as a side on shot. With Lana looking at the camera, her body is facing towards the middle of the two pages which i feel looks good and that if this photo was on the other page and the text was on the page where the photo is then it would not be as good. So this is something that I am going to think about is if the person in the photo is leaning or facing a certain way they it would look best if they were to be facing the middle of the double page. So this will be something that I will be thinking about when I put my photos on to my double page spread.

I really like the way that this double page spread has been laid out, with the picture of the artist on the left hand side and then the article on the right. I also like the way that the title is at the top and then there is a little description and then there are some lines to and then there is the article below with a box with some extra information about the artist in it. I really like the way that this is double page spread is done as a whole. For my layout I will be trying to do something like this as I feel that this is a really good layout that looks really nice. I really like the lines in-between the columns of text I may do this in-between my columns of text.  

No comments:

Post a Comment