Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Friday 17 February 2012

NME Contents Page Research


This is my third contents page research that I am looking at, this is a contents page from NME music magazine. I have as ready looked at to Q contents pages; I will be looking at two more other contents pages after this one.

The colour scheme to this is of red, white and black this is the same to the colour scheme that is used on the Q contents pages.

There is a bar that runs along with has the words NME this week in it this is in bold block capitals. Under the word week is the release date month and year of this issue of the magazine. I will be having a bar on the top of the page, with important information about the magazine in. But I will be having more information that just the date, month and year.

The way that this page is laid out is through there being one picture on the page in the middle, with a small interview with the band. There is a drop capital used at the start of the interview. There is the word “The moment that” in red and the words “Kasabian got romantic in a church” is in a bold font.

There is then a band index down the left hand side of the page which has the words band index in bold black font. There is then the bands names in red font with the page numbers that the bands are on in black.

There is also another column that is on the right hand side of the page. This has the names of the pages, the numbers and a small description about the page. These pages are under different headings. The pages are in order under each of the headings but not overall as they are under the headings. I will be doing this with my contents where the pages are in sections and the in number order under the headings.

There is a subscription advert for subscribing to NME magazine in the bottom left hand corner; this has the colour scheme of black, white and yellow. This has all of the information in about how to subscribe how to call and the website address. I will not be having a subscription advert as I will be having all of the important contact information in the bar that runs along the top of the page.

There is a large red arrow at the bottom of the page this has the words in “The UK’s No 1 gig guide starts p58” this helps to show you that there is something on p58 that may be linked. There is also three smaller black arrow as well that are for things that may be linked. I will not be putting arrows on to my contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment