Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Friday 17 February 2012

NME Contents Page

This is the fifth and last contents page Research, this contents page is from a NME music magazine. I have done five front cover research, five double page spreads and now five contents page researches.


At the top of this contents page there is a title that says “Inside this week” the date is that the magazine was released is then under this title. I like the way that the title has been shaped so that it fits in in-between the pictures. I will not be using this type of title for my contents page I will be having a bar that runs along the top of the page, as I like the way that this is done.

The colour scheme that is used for this contents page is very plain as there are only really to colours of white and black. I don’t like this as I feel that it is boring and also very plain as well. I will be having three colours in my colour scheme.

 There are main different types of font that are used on this page for each of the different boxes under the images. I do not like this as I feel that it looks very inconsistent. I will not be having lots of different types of fonts on mine I will just have either sans-serif font or serif font not both of them with different fonts.
This contents page is a bit different from some other contents pages that I have looked at. The layout of this contents page is very square like there are three pictures down the left side of the page with page numbers that they are on and a small description. There is the one bigger image with the page number with the description of the page. There is then another two images to the right in a column again with the page number and also the description. Under these to images there is a box white is trying to get you to try and subscribe to their music magazine. There is then another image with the page number and description to the left of the subscription advert. There is also a very thin column which is titles plus. This has numbers of pages and then the name of the pages. There is no real list of what is on each page which I do not like as there are just mainly seven boxes which have the page and other things in like the photo and the page description. And then there is the small list of some of the other pages. I will not be doing this on my music magazine contents page as i do not like the way that this contents page has been done, I like it more when there are certain headings and then the pages are under them in order within each section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment