Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Friday 17 February 2012

Spin Contents Page Research


This is my fourth contents page research, this contents page is from spin music magazine. I will be doing one for contents page research after this one then I will have finished all of my contents page researches as well as all of my research on cover pages, contents page and double page spreads.


There is not a really in your face colour scheme for this contents page there is just the two colours of black and dark blue. The text is in black and the numbers and other little things are in dark blue. I will be not having this little amount of colours as I will be having three colours in my colour scheme. I will also not be having so main dark colours as I feel that these colours are very dark.

This is a very different type of contents page as the picture that has been used is the size of the whole page. This means that it leaves a lot less space on the page for the actual contents. So as you can see the content list as been fitted in where it can be, so it is under Duffy’s raised arm as the is a small amount of space here. I like the way that this page has a bigger image on it but I will not be doing this on my own music magazine as I feel that it leaves to little space for all on the things on this contents page.  There are only the feature show in the list of the pages on this content page, I feel that this is because of the small amount of space that there is on the page. I will not just be having he features on my contents page I will be having other pages as well as i feel that there is only a small amount of pages on this contents page.

There is a shadow that comes off from Duffy as there is light shining on her. This has meant that the shadow has left even less space for having things on the page as the text has be to spaced around the shadow as well as Duffy. When looking at the logo for the magazine that is in the top left hand corner it can be seen that her hand covers up some of the logo and that the date and year of the magazine as gone into the shadow which makes it harder for the date of this issue to be read.

There is a quote in the top right hand side of this contents page. I like the way that there is a quote from the singer that is on the contents page. I may do this with my contents page as I like this idea but I may not I do not know yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment