Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Friday 17 February 2012

Q Oasis Special Contents Page Research


This is my second contents page research, this one is from Q magazine as well like the last contents page that I looked at. 

The colour scheme of this magazine is always the same with the red, black and white. This is a colour scheme that is recognised with Q magazine.

There is a bar that runs along the top of the page, this has lots of important information on the left there is the Q logo and then the word contents. On the right there is the magazine issue number, the month and year of the magazine. There is also the Q magazine website and also there MySpace page.  This is really all of the important information in one place on the contents page. This makes it easy to find the information that may be wanted. I will be doing this on my magazine so that all of the information is in one place where it can be easily seen.

The way that this contents page is laid out is through there being the one really big picture and then there being a list of the page in a column on the left hand side of the page. There is also a box that is at the bottom of the page which has the pages in for the pages and also a smaller picture. The column that is down the left side of the page has three headings the first one is features then there is oasis special and then every month. Under each of the headings there are the page number listed in order with the names of the pages next to them. The pages are in order within each of the sections but they are not in order overall. There is a box that is on top of the picture which has the page number and what the page is called and also a bit of description.  I like the way that the pages are in order within each of the sections and also the way that they are in sections. As this makes it easier to find something that you are looking for. The box under the picture has the page numbers and pages in for reviews. There is the Q logo with the word review next to it; there is then a picture which has the same type of box like the other one, which has the page number in and the name of the page. There is also the other pages listed in this review box. I like the way that this section has the picture in as well as the pages.

There is a really small number that is in the right hand corner of the page, to show what page in the magazine this page is. There is also an arrow to show you to turn the page. I don’t like the little arrow as I feel that this is no need for it as people know that they turn the page. So I will not be putting something like this on my contents page of my magazine.

The font that is used on this contents page is sans-serif font; I feel that this is the best type of font that could have been chosen for this contents page. I will be using sans-serif font on my contents page as I feel that this is the best type of font that could be used on the contents page. I like the way that the numbers for the pages are in a different colour to the rest of the font for the page name and the description. I will be having my page numbers in a different colour to my other font as I feel that this looks better and also helps to make the number stand out more. So I will be doing this with numbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment