Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Thursday 16 February 2012

Q Ed Sheeran Double Page Research


This is my last double page research, this is my fifth research on double pages. I will be doing five contents page researches after this.


  The colour scheme that has been used for this double page spread is white, blue and red. These are the colours that are on the UK flag. This helps to show that this artist is a British artist. The colours have been used in the picture as well. With the telephone box being red and also this telephone box is something that represents the UK. The colours of blue, white and red are on Ed Sheeran’s clothing so this helps to link the colour scheme into the picture. This is something that I will be going to try and do with my photo and my colour scheme, so I will be trying to use my colour scheme in my photo.

I think that the costume that Ed Sheeran is wearing in this photo is cleverly chosen as it has an S on for superman but it also links to his last name of Sheeran. This also links to the title of the article which is “up up and away!” This sound like it links to superman as he is a super hero so he goes up up and away. I think that this would be a good thing to go by have links between the photo and the title through the costume or location.

Something that this double page spread has that other double pages may not have on them is the shape that is with the word winner in this is an outline of a shape this shape does not have colour within it. This means that the background is shown through the shape. If I was to put a shape on my double page spread then I will have a colour on the inside of it as I feel that this looks nice on this, but may not look as good on other 
photos.

The background of this double page spread is a picture, there is the main part of the right hand page and then the text is the main part on the left hand page. The white box that is on the left hand page is faded so that you can see the picture through the white. There is also the blue shape that has the title in which is white that is faded as well. There is then the text that is below in three columns I will be having three columns for my article. There is a drop capital that is used at the start of the article. There is then also numbers at the start of two of the parts of the articles. There is some red text that is at the start next to the numbers. I like the way that the different colours from the colour scheme have all been used really well, and also the way that the numbers have different colours of the colour scheme. This shows the colour scheme being shown well I will be trying to use my colour scheme like this by using all of the colours.

The type of font that has been used for the title here is the serif-font and the type of font that is used for the font in the article is sans-serif font. I think that this looks very good. The font that is used for the title I would not have used as I think that the font looks to thin and would have been better in bold. I will be making my title bold so that it is eye catching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment