Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Wednesday 15 February 2012

NME Nicki Minaj Double Page Research

This is the second double page spread; I have to do five of these. This double page spread is from NME music magazine. I will be doing three more of these as I have to do five of these like this the front covers. After these double page spreads I will be doing five contents page research's.


The colour scheme for this is a little different as the colours that are in the colour scheme is light pink, pink and black. This background is a bit different as it is pink and most backgrounds in music magazine double spreads are normally colours like white and black, so light pink is different to these colours.  There are headings for each part of the parts of the article; there is also numbers next to them. The numbers are in a pink colour which makes them hard to see and read as they are pink on a light pink background, so I feel that I will not be using colours that are this close together as it can make it hard read. The heads for each part of the article are black this makes these easier to read. I will be using colours like this for text on my magazine as these are easy to read. But I will not be using this mix of colours.

Something else that is on this double page spread that is on all magazines is the page number and the issue. These can be in different places but they are most commonly in the corners of the pages These are in the corners on this double page spread. I will be having page number and the issue in the bottom corners of the pages on my music magazine.

The font that is used is bold and capital letters for the name of the artist that the article is on. The type of font that is used for Nicki Minaj is sans-serif font. The words that say “The Gospel According to” this is in a hand written type of font this helps to draw your eyes to this font. The other font that is on this page is serif font. There are five columns of text on this double page. I will not be using this many column as I feel that this is too much and I will be having three columns of text. There is a drop capital used at the start of this article, I feel that it would be a good thing to use when I make my double page spread. As this helps to make use of the colour scheme by making the drop capital a different colour I may not make my drop capital a different colour.

The picture that has been used for this double page spread is a simple picture that is a photo from the waist up.  With Nicki looking into the camera, this helps to make up look at the photo as her eyes look like they are looking at you. Another thing that helps to make this photo eye catching is the colours that are used on her clothing as there is a busy pattern on her outfit and then she also has her Jewelly that has lots of different colours and patterns. I will be having my picture where is eye catching as the picture is also important as well as the text. So I will make sure that I have a good picture like this one on my double page spread.
The layout of this page I feel is very good. The way that the font is laid out is really good as the font is shaped around the picture of Nicki this helps to make use of the shape to try and fit all of the text in. Another thing that I like about the layout of this double page spread is that they have made good use of the shape by not leaving a really larger empty space on the page. I will be trying to use the shape on my double page spread as good as I can without leaving a large amount of empty shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment