Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Thursday 22 March 2012

First Draft Feedback


Yesterday I asked my target audience to have a look at my first draft of my music magazine. The first question that I asked was. What do you like about my project at this stage?

These are some of the things that people said:

  • Organised layout of the front cover
  • Layout and colour scheme on contents
  • Detail on barcode- issue number and price
  • Clear colour scheme throughout
  • All pictures have captions
  • Nice simple font cover
  • Good picture on front cover
  • Good questions for article
  • Good quality photo on from cover
  • Creative features
The next question that was asked was. What could be improved?

Here is what was said:

  • Model looks too young
  • Better props in photos on contents page
  • Needs better colour scheme case the colours are dull
  • Fairly young artist on the front cover
  • Barcode could be a bit smaller
  • Magazine name
  • Very simple font, maybe using more unrecognised fonts
  • Very boring colour scheme
  • Change model
  • Only using one image on double page spread
  • Text
  • Maybe change model as very young
  • Not sure on genre
  • Use more artist and have more diversity
  • Get article checked as many errors
  • Need to use more models
  • Don’t repeat the questions in answers
  • Make the colour scheme and models clothing match
  • Use more adventurous fonts and colour scheme
  • Model too young for genre
  • Only used one model need more
  • Change layout on double page spread
  • Fake instruments not good
  • Bad picture captions
  • Change model too young
  •  Photos must be better variation
  • Colour scheme too cute
  • Main article title too cheesy
  • Not sure on genre, maybe meant to be like Q. Not sure if so needs to be more mature 
After reading the feedback the things that I feel need to be changed are:

  • The layout needs to be more like my target genre which is a magazine like Q
  • Make my fonts more interesting and not as simple
  • Change my model
  • Change the colour scheme
  • Need to redo my article, titles and captions
  • Have variation in photos

No comments:

Post a Comment