Welcome to my AS Media Blog, this is a blog which follows the journey of the making and also the planning of my music magazine. This is the coursework part of my AS Media Studies, which I have to make a music magazine for. Here are the main Posts that I have done:

School Magazine- this was a preliminary task
Initial Ideas- this has all of the ideas that I had for my music magazine at the start of this project
Rough Cut- this was my first draft of my music magazine
Rough Cut Feedback- this is the feedback that I got from my target audience on what they through of my first draft of my music magazine
Final cut- this is my final magazine after I have improved on the feedback from my target audience
Evaluation- this is an evaluation of my music magazine and also this project as a whole

Friday 20 April 2012

Article rewrite

I have just finished adding my article into my double page spread, I have rewrote it and also just spend time choosing the font and so on. So here is my rewrite of my article:


Danielle Evans is a singer songwriter that sings indie style music. Danielle first came on the music scene when her first CD came out.  Danielle now back with her second album. We sat down with Danielle and had a chat to her about her up-coming second CD and her tour, to find out some more.

Danielle you’ve have just finished making your second CD, when is it released?

My new CD will be released on the 31st March. It’s called untitled.

Your CD has a bit of an odd name, what the story behind the CD name?

The CD is called Untitled as I could not think of a name for the CD so when people asked me the name of my upcoming CD I said that it was untitled, as in it had no name. So then went I started to try and think of a name for the CD I could think of one. So then I ended up calling it untitled.

The first single from your new CD is out now, what is it called?

The first song that I have released of my new CD Untitled is called American Dream it all about me moving to America and what it is like living there. It’s a song that is very personal to me and this is one of my favourite songs of the CD.

What is different from your first and second CD is there a different sound to it?

My first CD was mainly just indie music but for my second CD has a bit of a different sound as untitled is made up or a mix of indie songs and also indie pop sounds. So my second CD does have a bit of a different feel to it.  A couple of my tracks have a bit of a rock feel to them.

Where can we get your new CD from?

You can buy my CD from iTunes, amazon, HMV any good music store or some larger supermarkets most places that sell CD’s. If you want to buy a digital version of my CD then you can get it from most websites that sell digital CD’s.

What are you doing now that the second CD is done?

I’m going to be doing my tour which starts on the 27th June. I really can’t wait to go on tour, I love performing my songs and seeing all of my fans. I feel that performing for my fans is like a thank you to them for making me a well know singer and songwriter.

Danielle how long is this tour?

This tour is going to be for eight months. It’s a bit longer than my last tour.

How long was your last tour?

My last tour was about six months which was two years ago now, but that tour was just a European tour.

When will the tickets go on sale?

The tour starts on the 27th June and tickets go on sales for all of the venues on the 1st April. You can get the tickets from my website which is www.danielleevans.com or you can also get them from the different venues of my tour. The tickets cost between £29 for standing and £20 for sitting. So you can have a choice of whether you want to be right next to the stage with the standing tickets. Or if you would like a seat and would not mind being further at the back.

Danielle where will you be going on the tour?

This tour will be a tour of both Europe and America. I will be starting the tour in America and them making my way to Europe. I will be playing forty five venues, twenty of these in America and the other thirty five in Europe.

When are you planning on getting back in the studio?

My tour is for eight months, and it start on the 27th June. So the tour will be ending around January 2013. So after a bit of a break from touring and my music I will properly be back in the studio and recording for my third album sometime in February/ March next year. I will be making my third album next year.

Will you be playing at any festivals this year?

Nope, I would love to but I’m on tour when most of the festivals are so I will not be playing any festivals this summer, but I hope that I can next year. I want to do a lot of the main festivals next year like T in the Park, T4 on the beach, Leeds and lots of others to make up for not doing any festivals this year.

Do you have a favorite album by another artist at the moment?

My favourite album at the moment by another artist is the album + by Ed Sheeran. I really love his album; I feel that it shows a lot of his emotion and also his life. I would love to have an album that has so much emotion and feelings.

Danielle would you like to do a song with Ed?

I would love to do a song with Ed; I think that we would have great fun. I’ve met Ed a couple of times before at music award shows and he seems really nice. My manager has been talking to his manager and there are trying to arrange for use to do a single together, but this will not be till sometime next year as I am on tour and so is Ed.

Something that we like to do here at Turn it up that is a bit different from other music magazines is when we interview anyone we ask them to bring their iPod and they tell us some of the things that are on their iPod.

What make of iPod to you have Danielle?

I have the really old original iPod classic, it really old but I love it. I have had it for years now and it’s still going strong.

What are some of the artists that you have on your iPod?

I have a very varied taste in music. I have Ed Sheeran, Jessie J, ACDC, Muse, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Guns and Roses, Icon.

You really do have a very varied mix of music that you like. So how is Icon?

Icon is a small not very well know band made up of two girls and one guy. Their music is similar to mine its indie pop. They will be my support act of this tour. I found them performing at a friend’s party, and I really liked them so I took them   number. So I asked them to be my supporting act on my tour. They have been trying to make it big for the last couple of years. So hopefully this could be there big brake.


No comments:

Post a Comment